Formula E season two begins from the 24th of October 2015 in Beijing, China. The Organisers have extended the race length to challenge every team with energy management. As always, all races will be held on street circuits and both races will be held on the same day.
The 2015-2016 Formula E Championship will have ten teams competing for top honours. All teams were given sufficient testing time at Silverstone circuit. The most important change was every manufacturer was allowed to use their own gearbox, that provides a unique sound to the vehicles.
Formula E will be partnering with Facebook for a new experience of motorsport coverage. It will offer key race action and moments from the race and throughout the season. Also on offer will be live streams from drivers through Facebook Mentions app.
The second season of Formula E is expected to be more exciting than the previous. Nobody knows who is the most competitive until the very first race on 24th October. This year all teams have been given permission to tune and program the race car according to their preference.
Teams participating in 2015/2016 Formula E Championship:
- Mahindra Racing Formula E Team with Bruno Senna and Nick Heidfeld.
- NEXTEV TCR Formula E Team with Nelson Piquet and Oliver Turvey.
- Renault E.DAMS with Nicholas Prost and Sebastien Buemi.
- DS Virgin Racing Formula E Team with Sam Bird and Jean-Eric Vergne.
- Dragon Racing with Jerome D'ambrosia and Loic Duval.
- Andretti Formula E Team with Simona de Silvestro and Robin Frijns.
- ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport with Lucas di Grassi and Daniel Abt.
- Venturi Formula E Team with Stephane Sarrazin and Jacques Villeneuve.
- Team Aguri with Antonio Felix da Costa and Nathanael Berthon.
- Trulli Formula E Team with Vitantonio Liuzzi and Salvador Duran.