The inaugural season of Formula E was a definite success and witnessed increase viewership as the championship progressed. Now officials have announced calendar for season two.
Second season of Formula E will commence on 17th October, 2015 and will go on through 2016 with the finale in London. They have scheduled 11 rounds and once again all of them will be on street circuits.
Here is the calendar for 2015-2016 Formula E Championship:
- Round One- 17th October, 2015 Beijing, China
- Round Two- 7th November, 2015 Putrajaya, Malaysia
- Round Three- 19th December, 2015 Punta Del Este, Uruguay
- Round Four- 6th February, 2016 Buenos Aires, Argentina
- Round Five- 19th March, 2016 To be decided
- Round Six- 2nd April, 2016 Long Beach, USA
- Round Seven- 23rd April, 2016 Paris, France
- Round Eight- 21st May, 2016 Berlin, Germany
- Round Nine- 4th June, 2016 Moscow, Russia
- Round Ten- date to be decided London, United Kingdom
- Round Eleven- date to be decided London, United Kingdom
Season one of Formula E was won by Nelson Piquet Junior in his Nextev TCR electric race vehicle. The constructors championship of Formula E was won by e.dams-Renault team.
There is a high possibility that India could host one of the rounds if all requirements are met. 19th March, 2016 is the only race on calendar that does not have a venue and India could grab this spot.
For season two Formula E will have ten teams participating with Mahindra Racing as the only Indian team with an Indian racer. Mahindra Racing vehicles are driven by Karun Chandhok and Bruno Senna in Formula E.