Hyundai Motor Company staged a world premiere and unveiled the Sonata plug-in hybrid, the company's first Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV), at the 2015 Detroit International Auto Show.
The Hyundai Sonata Plug-in Hybrid Electric Vehicle (PHEV) is expected to travel up to 22 miles on electric power and can recharge in as little as two and a half hours with a Level 2 charger. Sonata Plug-in Hybrid will be built at the Asan, South Korea plant and will go on sale in select markets later this year.
Sonata Plug-In Hybrid Engine Specifications & Features:
- 2.0-liter Nu four-cylinder GDI engine
- 50 kW electric motor
- Total output of 202 horsepower at 6,000 rpm
- Six-speed automatic transmission
- All-electric range of up to 22 miles
- 38 mpg in the city
- 43 mpg on the highway
- Combined range of 93 MPG
- Recharge in as little as two and a half hours