Japanese sub-brand of Nissan, Datsun launched their GO+ compact MPV today, on 15th January, 2015. This is the second offering from Datsun, the company that focuses on budget conscious vehicles. They will be offering four trim levels of their GO+ model.
Datsun GO+ Pricing:
- Base trim level D will cost INR 3,79,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Trim level D1 will cost INR 3,81,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Trim level A is priced at INR 4,15,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.
- Full loaded T trim level is priced at INR 4,61,000 ex-showroom, Delhi.
Datsun GO+ Specifications:
Datsun will offer only a petrol engine in its GO+ compact MPV model, just as they do with their hatchback GO. There is no diesel mill that will power the compact MPV as that would increase costs and disrupt their affordable offering philosophy.
The Japanese engineers have provided a 1198cc, in-line 3-cylinder engine. It is capable of producing 67 bhp of maximum power, along with 104 Nm of peak torque. The engine is paired to a 5-speed manual gearbox, which provides power to the front wheels.
The manufacturer claims fuel efficiency figures of 20.6 kpl, that have been approved by ARAI. This fuel efficiency has been achieved in a combined run in the city as well as on the highway.
Datsun GO+ Design:
Datsun has maintained the characteristic features from their GO hatchback. This has been intentionally done to create familiarity of the brand. The designers and engineers have done an excellent job of extending the rear portion in the GO+, while not disrupting the flow of the vehicle.
The GO+ from Datsun is the very first compact MPV in India and is targeted at new families, who need more space for a soon-to-grow family. They have made the body lines bolder than what is present in their hatchback model.
Datsun GO+ Features:
The base model from Datsun does not get colour matching front and rear bumpers. It misses out on key features like air-con and audio entertainment. GO+ A trim gets all of these features plus more.
All of GO+ models get the below mentioned features
- Digital tachometer
- Distance to empty
- Average fuel economy
- Instantaneous fuel economy
- Low fuel warning
- Trip Meter
- Electronic fuel gauge
- Follow Me Home headlamps
- Gear shift guide
- Remote fuel lid opener
- Remote tailgate opener
- Second row tumble down seats
- Third row seat bench flying mechanism
Datsun GO+ Safety:
All four models of GO+ compact MPV from Datsun get the same safety features:
- Three-point seat belt for front passenger and driver
- Second row occupants get two three-point seat belts and one two point lap belt
- Third row passengers get two two-point lap belts
- Engine immobilizer