German luxury car manufacturers present in India are fighting for the number one spot. The trio Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz are at each other with aggressive pricing and extensive lineup of vehicles.
BMW India has now announced the new pricing of their locally assembled products. Currently they have a facility in Chennai which caters to 50 percent localization of their offering.
Philipp von Sahr, President, BMW Group India said, "The future belongs to India. If you want to benefit from the dynamics of the Indian market, you need to act today. Following our approach ‘Production follows the market', we have accelerated our localization program in India."
He further added, "We have created a win-win situation for our customers with a wide range of exclusively authentic luxury products and now equally attractive value proposition with ‘Make in India'."
Here is the new pricing of products effective of July, 2015:
BMW 1 Series
- BMW 118d (Sport Line) - INR 29,50,000
BMW 3 Series
- BMW 320d (Prestige Edition) - INR 34,90,000
- BMW 320d (Luxury Line Edition) - INR 38,90,000
- BMW 320d (Sport Line Edition) - INR 38,90,000
BMW Gran Turismo
- BMW Gran Turismo (Sport Line) - INR 39,90,000
- BMW Gran Turismo (Luxury Line) - INR 42,90,000
BMW 5 Series
- BMW 520d (Prestige Edition) - INR 44,90,000
- BMW 520d (Prestige Plus Edition) - INR 47,90,000
- BMW 520d (Luxury Line Edition) - INR 49,90,000
- BMW 530d (M Sport) - INR 59,90,000
BMW 7 Series
- BMW 730Ld (Prestige) - INR 92,50,000
- BMW 730Ld (Eminence) - INR 1,06,50,000
- BMW 730Ld (Signature) - INR 1,25,20,000
- BMW X1 sDrive20d (xLine) - INR 37,90,000
- BMW X3 xDrive20d (Expedition) - INR 46,90,000
- BMW X3 xDrive20d (xLine) - INR 51,90,000
- BMW X3 xDrive30d (M Sport) - INR 59,90,000
- BMW X5 xDrive30d (Expedition) - INR 65,90,000
- BMW X5 xDrive30d (Design Pure Experience) - INR 69,90,000
- BMW X5 xDrive30d (Design Pure Experience 7 Seater) - INR 72,90,000
All prices mentioned above are ex-showroom, Delhi/Maharashtra.
BMW sources local components for engine and transmission from Force Motors, while axles come from ZF Hero Chassis. Door panels and wiring harness is acquired from Draexlmaier.
Exhaust system comes from Tenneco Automotive India, while heating, ventilation, air-con and cooling modules are from Valeo India and Mahle Behr. Finally seats are also sourced from Lear India in BMW India vehicles.