The BMW i8 has been launched in India. This plug in hybrid sports car from the German manufacturer has been a very anticipated launch.
The production version of the BMW i8 was unveiled at the 2013 Frankfurt Motor Show. The i8 was released in Germany in June 2014 and deliveries to customers in the U.S. began in August 2014.
BMW i8 Pricing:
The BMW i8 is priced at INR 2.29 crore (ex-showroom all-India).
BMW i8 Engine Specifications:
The BMW i8 has a 1.5-litre, turbocharged 3-cylinder engine that delivers 231 horsepower and a 131 horsepower lithium-ion battery electric motor just behind the front axle.
Power to the rear wheels is delivered through a six-speed automatic transmission and the electric motor has a two-stage automatic gearbox. The BMW i8 can run on pure electric mode as well.
BMW i8 Features:
- Driver-focused dashboard
- Leather upholstery
- 8.8-inch iDrive infotainment system
- Digital screen replaces analogue gauges
- Adaptive cruise control
- Front and rear parking sensors
- Navigation system
- Collision warning
- Automated braking
- High beam assistant
- Perfect 50/50 weight distribution
BMW i8 Safety:
- Dual front, side and curtain airbags
- Lithium-ion battery pack is automatically disconnected from the all electronic components when the passenger restraint systems are triggered.
- Cornering Braking control (CBC)
- Dynamic Stability Control (DSC)