The 2015 Geneva Motor Show is underway and so far there have been several launches and reveals of upcoming models. Japanese automobile giant, Toyota has also come up with a few of their products to display.
Toyota has pulled the cover off its all-new Auris model, which will be launched in several countries by 2015-end. The designers have provided this hatchback minor exterior upgrades and improved interiors. This hatchback also gets new engines and safety equipment.
2015 Toyota Auris Engine Specifications:
- The Toyota Auris gets a 1.6-litre diesel mill, it will produce 110 bhp and 270 Nm of peak torque.
- Toyota will also provide new 1.2-litre petrol powered turbo engine. This will generate 114 bhp, along with 185 Nm of peak torque output.
- They also provide a 1.8-litre hybrid Auris, whose petrol engine develops 98 bhp and 142 Nm peak torque. The electric motor, however produces maximum voltage of 650 V and maximum power of 60 kW.
All new Toyota engines meet Euro 6 emission norms.
2015 Toyota Auris Safety Features:
- 5-star Euro NCAP crash test rating
- Pre-collision system
- Lane departure alert
- Automatic high beam
- Road sign assist
- Compact laser and camera mounted on windscreen
- Front crash assist
- Radar cruise control
- Rear cross traffic detection
2015 Toyota Auris Design:
Toyota designers have provided their new Auris with sharper headlights and a muscular bumper design. The front grille is uplifted with chrome and Toyota logo that sits proud in the centre.
The rear also gets a mild update from Toyota, lending the vehicle a more modern appeal. Visible changes are the tweaked tail lamps which are pointed and are wrapped around the vehicle. The rear bumper is a bit too bulky and could have been toned down to suit the rest of the design.