Commercial vehicle manufacturer Eicher has recorded a drop in number of sales during March 2013. The company sold 4962 commercial vehicles last month as against 6051 units in March 2012, amounting a sales drop of 18 percent.
Eicher sells 4962 units in March 2013
The following are the key highlights for March 2013:
· Eicher branded trucks and buses have recorded sales of 4962 units in March 2013 as compared to 6051 units in March 2012 representing a drop of 18%.. The YTD 2013 sales stand at 12388 units as compared to LYTD 2012 sales of 14195 units, representing a drop of 12.7%.
· In the domestic CV Market (5T and Above), Eicher trucks and buses have recorded sales of 4760 units as compared to 5786 units in March 2012, representing a drop of 17.7%. YTD 2013 sales stand at 11936 units as compared to LYTD 2012 sales of 13523 units, representing a drop of 11.7%.
1. In the domestic 5-14T LMD truck segment, Eicher recorded sales of 2820 units as compared to 3588 units in March 2012, representing a drop of 21.4%. The YTD March 2013 sales stand at 7641 units as compared to LYTD March 2012 sales of 9189 units, representing a drop of 16.8%
2. In the domestic Bus segment, the March 2013 sales stand at 1064 units as compared to 1080 units in March 2012 representing a 1.5 % drop. The YTD 2013 sales stand at 2186 units as compared to YTD 2012 sales of 2043 units, representing a 7% growth.
3. In the Heavy Duty truck segment(16Tand above), sales stand at 876 units as compared to 1118 units in March 2012, representing a 21.6% drop. YTD Eicher HD sales stand at 2109 units as compared to 2291 units in 2012, representing a drop of 7.9%.
About VE Commercial Vehicles Ltd (VECV):
VE Commercial Vehicles Limited (VECV) is a 50-50 joint venture between the Volvo Group and Eicher Motors Limited. In operation since July 2008, the company includes the complete range of Eicher branded trucks and buses, VE Powertrain, Eicher's components and engineering design services businesses as well as the sales and distribution business of Volvo trucks within India. The vision of VECV is to be recognised as the industry leader driving modernisation in commercial transportation in India and the developing world.