The new Mahindra Verito is here. Mahindra's first and only sedan, the Verito has received a much needed facelift today. The company has unveiled the refreshed new Mahindra Verito in Delhi with a starting price of Rs.5.27 lakhs for the base petrol variant and R. 6.26 lakhs for the base diesel variant. The 2012 Mahindra Verito will be available in 5 variants- two in petrol and three in diesel.
The Verito was first sold as the Mahindra Renault Logan when Mahindra and Renault were in a joint venture in India. Renault ended the joint venture paving the way for Mahindra to re-brand the sedan as the Verito. The new Mahindra Verito had carried much of the Logan's boxy design and technical specs.
Although the Mahindra Verito was received well by customers, its popularity started to wane after the arrival of new sedans such as the Maruti Suzuki Swift DZire, Toyota Etios and Nissan Sunny. Mahindra realized the Verito needed a boost and here it is. The refreshed new Verito.
Mahindra has retained much of the current Verito's dimensions, but the notable changes are in the front fascia and headlamps. The new Verito has angular headlamps, a more dominant front grille that could be inspired by the Xylo.
On the 2012 Mahindra Verito's rear you will find a sculpted new boot, clear lens tail lights and a chrome rear applique. The new Verito's style quotient is increased by stylish new allow wheels, new fog lamps and black B pillars.
The Mahindra Verito has been liked for its good mileage. The carmaker has now claimed the new Verito will have a mileage of 21.03kmpl for the diesel variant. The new Verito gets several new safety features which include ABS with EBD, Anti-theft engine immobilizer, driver airbags and side impact beams.
The new Mahindra Verito's price for the petrol and diesel variants are as follows.
- New Mahindra Verito G2 Price: 5.27 lakhs
- New Mahindra Verito G4 Price: 5.49 lakhs
- New Mahindra Verito D2 Price: 6.26 lakhs
- New Mahindra Verito D4 Price: 6.48 lakhs
- New Mahindra Verito D6 Price: 7.14 lakhs
The new 2012 Mahindra Verito will be available in 8 colour options. Dolphin Grey - New Colour, Twilight Blue , Fiery Black ,Java Brown, Mist Silver, Toreador Red, Rocky Beige and Diamond White
2012 Mahindra Verito Features And Specifications
Diesel Engine Specifications
- 4 Cylinder, 8 Valve, 1461 CC displacement
- 1.5 Litre dCi CRDI Diesel Engine
- Peak torque of 160Nm @ 2000 RPM
- Peak power of 65bhp @ 4000 RPM
- ARAI certified mileage of 21.03kmpl
- Kerb Weight of 1140 Kg
- Power to weight ratio of 57bhp per 1000Kg
Petrol Engine Specifications
- 4 Cylinder, 8 Valve, 1390 CC displacement
- 1.4 Litre MPFI Petrol engine
- Peak torque of 110Nm @ 3000 RPM
- Peak power of 75bhp @ 5500 RPM
- Kerb Weight of 1080Kg
- Power to weight ratio of 69.44 BHP per 1000 Kg