Mercedes-Benz India has launched its new B-Class Sports Tourer with a price tag of Rs.21.49 lakhs. This will mean the new B-Class is the German premium carmaker's cheapest car in India.
Mercedes-Benz has stated that the B-Class has been booked for the entire lot for this year even before the price of the car has been announced. So the bookings that will open today will be only for the cars that will be available from January 2013.
The new B-Class will be available with one engine and two variants.
Mercedes-Benz B180 - Rs.21.49 Lakhs
Mercedes-Benz B180 Sport Rs. 24.87 lakhs
Mercedes-Benz India has stated that B-Class is a car that is aimed at the young buyer in his late 20s. It has been designed to be a perfect work car during the week days as well as a car that can be used for a weekend getaway.
Deliveries to people who have already booked the B-Class will be done within three to five days. Mercedes has revealed it has received a total of 250 bookings for the B-Class and deliveries will be completed by the end of November.
Here are some of the notable features of the B-Class
- The 7G dual clutch transmission in the B-Class is the same as the one used in the iconic SLS AMG.
- Bluetooth connectivity, touch screen infotainment system that is similar to an iPad.
- 7 airbags, disk brakes, passive safety features such as Attention Assist
- E-start-stop will help save fuel.
- 14.8 kmpl ARAI certified mileage which is the best in its class.
- Bi-xenon headlamps, Panoramic sun roof
Read about technical specifications and features here