The Hyundai Creta is the best selling compact SUV currently in the market. Like every other SUV on the road, the Creta too has its pros and cons, let us take a look at some of them.
The Hyundai Creta is priced higher compared to its competitors and this requires features which are far superior to its rivals, however, it lacks in some departments.
The mainstay of an SUV is its features and you need the best of everything that can be offered. Some of the features missed out in Creta.
- AWD (All Wheel Drive)
- Third Row Seating
- Automatic Folding ORVMs (Outside Rear-View Mirrors)
- Automatic Day/Night IRVMs (Inside Rear-View Mirrors)
- Height Adjustable Seatbelts
- Adjustable Driver Armrest
- Cooled Glove Box
Performance & Safety:
The key to a good SUV is its performance and to hold it together is the safety features. Here some of the misses by the Creta.
- Pickup not up to the mark compared Verna with the same specifications
- Lag in the automatic variant
- Cruise Control - considering the price tag
- 6-Airbags only in the top variant
- No Speed-Sensing Door Lock
- Child Lock Only For The Rear Door
The Hyundai might have its share of disadvantages, however, it scores big in its advantages.
- Interiors - Best in segment dashboard design
- Effective Static Cornering Lights
- Effective Projector Headlamps
- Auto Turn Off Headlamp - It turns off if you missed after you come off the SUV
- Night Mode On The Audio/Video navigation System - It automatically changes to night mode when the headlamp is turned on.
Performance & Safety:
- Best Engine Options - 1.6 and 1.4 litre (Diesel/Petrol) & 1.6litre Petrol
- Good Automatic Variant - Compared to competitors
- Powerful Petrol Variant - No powerful petrol variants from its rivals
- SUV Safety Features - HAC (Hill-start Assist Control), ESP (Electronic Stability Program)
The Hyundai Creta takes the cake when it comes to design aspect and scores well among its competitors.
- Fluidic Design - Bold & Commanding
- Three Slat Chrome Grille
- Storage Ergonomics - Well thought out layout from the front to the rear passenger rows.
- Driver Door Sensor - Enter without pressing the key
- Front & Rear Washer - Are neatly tucked under the bonnet for the front and rear is placed on the high mount stop lamp in red.
- Reverse Camera - This has been designed to be tucked under the 5th door chrome strip.
The Creta scores in most of the fronts especially in smaller details, however, it misses out on the some of the bigger details like the Airbags and AWD. As a matter of fact, Hyundai's lower priced i20 features some of these and the company should have features since it commands a higher price tag.