Mercedes has tuned up the heat in the luxury style wars at the 2016 Auto Expo with the Indian debut of the S500 Cabriolet. The S-Class Cabriolet is the soft-top sibling of the S-Class Coupe.
Engine & Gearbox Specifications
- Engine Type - Twin-turbocharged V8
- Engine Capacity - 4.7-litres
- Power - 453bhp
- Torque - 700Nm
- Mileage - 11.75km/l
The 4.7-litre twin turbo V8 is mated to a 9-speed automatic gearbox.
The S500 Cabriolet shares the same styling cues found on the S-Class coupe with its heavily sculpted front and rear ends.
The front end is dominated by the large grille with the prominent Mercedes 3-point star badge front and centre. Adding to the drama up front are the angular headlamps with integrated Daytime Running Lights.
The curvy rear end is offset by the LED taillamps which are connected by a large strip of chrome. The boot also features a tiny spoiler.
- Massive three-layer acoustic soft top roof can be opened and retracted in just 20 seconds at speeds of up to 60km/h
- Soft top roof is available in three colours - black, dark blue, beige and dark red
- THERMOTRONIC automatic climate control system
- Air deflector and Airscarf neck-level heating
- Heated seats,armrests and steering wheel
- Host of safety features including multiple airbags, ABS with EBD, collision prevention, automated driving aids and a night vision camera.
Availability & Rivals
The Mercedes S500 Cabriolet is expected to go on sale later this year and its main rival in India will be the Bentley Continental GTC.